Tuesday 23 June 2015

Introduction

Boris LemontovWhy do you want to dance? [Vicky thinks for a short while]
Victoria Page: Why do you want to live?
[Lermontov is suprised at the answer]
Boris Lemontov: Well I don't know exactly why, er, but I must.
Victoria Page: That's my answer too.

This is wonderful bit of dialogue was taken from Powell and Pressburger's The Red Shoes (1948). It speaks to me because because for some people, creating is as important as breathing. They are true artists, and I'm afraid our world would be unlivable without them. I look up to them, and even if I'm not always creating or admiring creations, I always wish that I was.

Personally, I enjoy a good dance as much as the next guy, but my passion is cinema. I read about it, I watch everything the medium has to offer, and someday, I intend on making a living out of my contributions to it's world. For the moment, I'm more of a student, and a photographer. Sometimes, I approach screenwriting and film criticism, but always with caution.


On this very experimental blog, you will be able to attain my thoughts on many films, some new releases as well as classics. I hope you find what you are looking for.



MG

No comments:

Post a Comment